A stay near Bologna:
Few kilometers away from the Bologna historical centre and the exhibitions and fairs centre, the Locanda dei Cinque Cerri is the ideal hotel to sleep in Sasso Marconi and reach easily the mail attractions of the area.
Here are some suggestions about what to visit during your stay:
- The beautiful medieval Bologna
- The beautiful historic park of Monte Sole
- The park of the Pliocenic Buttress
- The faunistic oasis of Monte Adone for the recovery and preservation of wild fauna (visitable only by reservation).
- The Etruscan necropolis of Marzabotto and the Pompeo Aria Museum
- Villa Griffone, home and mausoleum of Guglielmo Marconi where the original instruments with which he made the first experiments are still present (can be visited upon reservation)
- Palazzo dè Rossi, a 15th century castle, with its still inhabited court, where in September the ”Fira di Sdaz“ a historic popular festival, takes place
- Rocchetta Mattei, the castle built by the Count Cesare Mattei, on the ruins of an ancient castle owned by Matilde di Canossa, where he dedicated his whole life to “heal the world” studying homeopathy and phytotherapy (can be visited upon reservation)
- The Sanctuary of Beata Vergine delle Grazie of Bocca di Rio in Castiglione dei Pepoli
- The Via degli Dei, the well-known hiking trail that connects Bologna with Florence. Trekking and bike lovers who want to walk through the path will find in the Locanda dei Cinque Cerri rooms a comfortable and peaceful place to stop for the night, with the possibility of transfer, dinner and packed lunch, which must be strictly booked in advance.
- The Barberino sul Mugello Design Outlet (just 35 minutes away)
- The Mugello circuit
- The concerts of international singers at the Unipol Arena of Casalecchio (11 minutes away)